It has been a while since I have posted here. I have lurked from time to time, but the server issues pretty much prevented me from either logging on or even viewing the posts.
I have a question about the possibility of doing an infinite baffle install in a building on my property. The building is about 12' x 25' 15'. I will be putting up sheetrock and doing the install myself.
thing is, I currently have 19's, and in a similar sized room (minus the 15' ceilings ) the dimensions are close, but my new place/room will have more depth. Thing is, I feel that my 19's are pretty cramped in their current environment (sidewall and rear wall boundaries) and I will be wanting to utilize my 604-8k's. Most of us know that they seem to love large cabs. I had a pair years ago in 620 cabs, and found their performance was pretty good for my tastes.
Now with that said, the 620 cabs tend to be as wide as the 19's cab, and the 604's do enjoy large cabs, and I have read that they benefit from a large front baffle.
So, I was thinking about making some large mltl's , ala, going on GM's excellent, sage advice over the years.... That got me wondering also about maybe utilizing the corners maybe. Bill Fort's cabs came to mind, then I remember a member on the AA, "gargoyle (?)? had a nice post about his very large corner cabs too. Then I remember years ago reading about and experiencing folks who had built IB subs into their listening room and it solved the problem of not dealing with cabs taking up space in one's room.
Is this worth pursuing, or should I look at maybe doing a soffit mount instead?
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!






Bookmarks